Key Requirements to Get Started With Sarcoma Awareness
Creating awareness and educating everyone about Sarcoma is the only way to prevent Sarcoma and when it comes to knowledge sharing or spreading, the basic key requirements to be started with are:
- Make a brief note on Sarcoma and its types
- Identifying the Risk factors
- Detecting the Symptoms in the initial stages
- Start to think the best way to reach the information about Sarcoma to the Public
Who are at Risk of getting Sarcoma?
No official information has been announced about what causes Sarcoma. Some factors that are predicted to cause Sarcoma are:
- Hereditary: If anyone in your biological relation haves Sarcoma then you are at a high risk of Sarcoma.
- If you are already Struggling with Bone disorders
- Genetic disorders such as neurofibromatosis, Gardner syndrome, retinoblastoma, or Li-Fraumeni syndrome
- The risk rate is high when a person gets exposed to radiation when he is already undergoing Cancer treatment
Obesity is the most leading risk factor for bone cancer which why it is very essential to insist people to avoid becoming obese. With a little effort obesity can be easily avoided. Taking a balanced diet and exercising regularly are considered the key success when it comes to get rid of obesity.
Symptoms in the Initial Stages
Since soft tissue sarcomas grow anywhere in your body, they are tough to spot. A painless lump is the first sign and when the lumps gets bigger it might press against nerves or muscles giving an uncomfortable feeling. No medical tests have been found out to detect this yet until they cause noticeable symptoms.
Whereas the other subtype of Sarcoma is Osteosarcoma and it can be spotted easily with symptoms like Pain off and on in the affected bone, swelling, or a lump.
Best way to reach the information about Sarcoma to the Public
It is important to find the best way to make the information reach the public and with no other thoughts we can start off with Social medias. Create a discussion group and frame some questions about Sarcoma and post in the group. Some question ideas can be like:
- What is the medical term for bone cancer?
- How a person gets affected by Kaposi sarcoma?
- How sarcoma is treated?
Conducting this group discussion like a quiz contest and announcing prizes for the winners will make this more interesting and it will create eagerness to participate in the contest. Prize ideas must be message oriented and for such cases get some customized accessories like silicone wristbands, keychains, rubber rings, lockets engraved with awareness messages depicting Sarcoma. Though the prizes are for awareness and disease related contest Silicone related items are considered ideal, since Silicone is non-allergenic, it may not cause any harm to the skin and because of it durability it can be worn more like an everyday wear and also it will do its job of spreading awareness message in a perfect way.