Professional Photography Advice for Pregnancy
There has been a rise in the demand for skilled pregnancy photographers over the last few years. This has primarily led to an increase in the number of services that assure women that they will receive stunning and memorable photos. The difficulty of maternity photography is what presents a problem, though. In addition to his client’s mood, makeup, posing, lighting, and attire, a photographer is expected to control a number of significant variables. Additionally, unlike a normal woman, a pregnant woman is unable to twist her body into different poses.
A few useful photography tips
You should accept all the assistance you can when taking maternity photos. The below tips should help make it easier for you to take beautiful photographs:
- You must first determine how many months pregnant the woman is before deciding to take her picture. Generally speaking, you should choose to photograph pregnant women around 7 months, mainly because this is the time when they look their best and their bodies have not yet started to significantly bloat.
- Request that your subjects apply their own or professional makeup before coming to see you. If you have an in-house makeup artist, you can ideally control a sizable portion of the photograph. You can manage how your subject appears before taking pictures if you have a makeup artist on staff. This will also help a woman feel more energised and confident.
- To capture a woman’s body shape more flatteringly, you might want to shoot from one or two feet above her.
- Make sure the area you choose is clutter-free if you’ve been asked to shoot the woman at her house. The living room and the bedroom are the ideal locations. A window or door, though, should be present so that you can let natural light into the space.
- Props like booties, old plaques, a baby picture, and even a pink cap give the picture some drama and levity. Selecting accessories that add personality to the photo is recommended. This ought to add to the photo’s special quality.
- Always use color when taking pictures. Although colored photographs can always be converted, some couples may request monochrome or black and white photos. If the couple or the woman changes her mind, a colored copy of the picture will guarantee that you can always deliver it. But remember to always shoot in both color and monochrome.
In terms of what works for them, professional photographers frequently become stuck in a rut. Because of this, a different woman and a few extra props can make many pregnancy photos look exactly the same. You should always be experimenting with poses, height, various colors, and make-up techniques when it comes to this kind of photography. Additionally, it’s critical that you communicate with your client if she exhibits signs of fatigue or insecurity. You should feel free to give her a break so she can relax before continuing.