Professional Pregnancy Photography Advice
There has been a rise in the demand for skilled pregnancy photographers over the last few years. This has primarily been the driving force behind the rise in the number of services that assure women that they will receive stunning and memorable photos. However, the difficulty of maternity photography is a problem. A photographer must control a number of crucial factors, such as his client’s mood, makeup, posing, lighting, and attire. A pregnant woman also cannot twist her body into different poses like a non-pregnant woman can.
A few useful photography tips
You ought to enlist all the assistance you can when taking maternity pictures. The below tips should help make it easier for you to take beautiful photographs:
- Discovering a woman’s pregnancy status is necessary before deciding to take her picture. Generally speaking, you should choose to photograph pregnant women who are around 7 months along, mainly because this is the time when they look their best and their bodies have not yet begun to noticeably swell.
- Before coming to see you, request that your subjects either hire a makeup artist or do it themselves. If you have an in-house makeup artist, you can ideally control a sizable portion of the picture. You can manage how your subject appears before taking pictures if you have a makeup artist on staff. Additionally, this will help a woman feel more energised and confident.
- You might want to shoot some women from one or two feet above them in order to get a flattering shot of their bodies.
- Make sure the area you choose to shoot the woman in is clutter-free if you have been invited to do so. The living room and bedroom are the best spaces. However, there should be a window or a door from which you can let natural light into the space.
- Props like booties, old plaques, a baby picture, and even a pink cap give the picture some drama and levity. Selecting accessories that add personality to the photo is recommended. The picture should become even more memorable as a result.
- You should only ever take color photos. While colored photographs can always be converted to monochrome or black and white, some couples may request these. If the couple or the woman changes her mind, a colored copy of the picture will guarantee that you can always deliver it. However, remember to always shoot in both color and monochrome.
Professional photographers frequently fall into a rut of what they find to be successful. Because of this, many pregnancy photographs resemble one another exactly while using a different model and a few additional props. When it comes to this kind of photography, you should constantly be experimenting with height, various colors, make-up techniques, and poses. Additionally, it’s critical that you communicate with your client if she exhibits signs of fatigue or insecurity. You should feel free to give her a break so she can relax before continuing.